Training Officers Course
This course is for anyone interested in Training in Surf Life Saving Awards. Upon completion of this course you will have the ability to Train courses under supervision until such time that you have completed Probationary period.
THIS DOES NOT GIVE A FULL CERTIFICATE IV QUALIFICATION.
This purpose of this course is to help you gain knowledge and skills to provide instruction and demonstration of work skills using existing learning resources, in a safe and comfortable learning environment. You will also learn how to determine the success the training provided and of your personal training performance.
By the end of this course you should be able to
- Prepare, deliver and evaluate presentations
- Apply the principles of effective communication
- Organise instruction and demonstration
- Conduct instruction and demonstration
- Check training performance
- Review personal training performance and finalise documentation
Must be a FINANCIAL member of an affiliated Surf Life Saving Club
Must be at least 16 years of age at time of assessment
Must be proficient in the award/s you wish to train in
Surf Lifesaving Award: Training Officer
Nationally Recognised Units of Competency:
- TAEDEL301A – Provide work skill instruction
- BSBCMM401A – Make a Presentation
CLOSE OF APPLICATIONS –
Please contact your local Surf Life Saving Club to express interest.