Silver Medallion IRB Drivers (IRBD)
The aim of this course is to provide participants with the skills and knowledge to effectively drive and manage an Inflatable Rescue Boat (IRB) in surf rescue operations.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of an IRB Driver, including:
- Drive an IRB
- Perform rescues in an IRB as a Driver
- Prepare and maintain an IRB motor
Candidates must meet ALL of the following conditions:
- be at least 16 years of age to commence training
- be at least 17 years of age on the date of final assessment
- hold and be currently proficient in Bronze Medallion and IRB Crewperson Certificate
- hold a current QLD marine license.
- PUAEQU001 Prepare, maintain and test response equipment
- PUASAR014 Operate and maintain a small powercraft and motor for rescue operations
These units are also part of the nationally recognised qualification PUA31312 Certificate III in Public Safety (Aquatic Search and Rescue)
Please contact your local Surf Life Saving Club to express interest in upcoming courses